As Lead Partner for the Toronto 2015 Pan Am / Parapan Am Games, CIBC has committed to help create a lasting sport legacy in Canada. That’s why they have developed CIBC Team Next: a $2 million program and the first of its kind in Canada, to help the next generation of young athletes realize their dreams. Over the next three years, CIBC Team Next will support 67 deserving young athletes to help them reach their full potential.
Each of the 67 athletes chosen for CIBC Team Next will receive:
- $5,000 annual grant over the next three years (total of $15,000) leading up to the 2015 Pan Am/Parapan Am Games and through 2016.
- CIBC products and services.
- Mentorship from a prominent Canadian athlete who has achieved success on the world stage.
- Workshops and advice in the areas of: personal finances, post-secondary and career planning, social media training, public speaking and more.
- Exclusive access to a CIBC Team Next forum where they can share their experiences and get support from parents, coaches and other athletes.
Team Next, targeted generally to junior national team level athletes, is a departure from the more common sponsorship route of waiting until someone achieves fame before jumping in to help them go further.
Way to go CIBC!