Data is an amazing thing. When we look at it and see trends, the information can help us to be better at our jobs. Imagine if you knew that, on average, it takes 7.53 calls to initially reach a prospect. That might encourage you to make that 9th attempt! Here are a few other interesting statistics about sales.
- Almost 60% of all buyers want to discuss pricing on the first call. How can you be prepared to divert that conversation if needed, or are you prepared to talk price on the first call? (Source: Hubspot)
- 79% of all marketing leads are never converted to sales. The 80/20 rule prevails. Where are you going to focus your time? (Source: Salesforce)
- Adding “New” to your email subject line can increase open rates by 23%. (Source: Adestra)
- High performing sales organizations are twice as likely to provide ongoing training as low performing ones. (Source: Hubspot)
- 80% of sales require five follow-up calls after a meeting. (Source: Marketing Donut)
- 44% of salespeople give up after one follow up. Refer to the above bullet! (Source: Scripted)
- Only 7% of salespeople respond to leads in the first five minutes after a form submission. More than 50% don’t even respond within five business days. I am guessing the latter don’t do as well as the former group! (Source: Drift)
- 40% of all emails are opened first on mobile. The average mobile screen can only accommodate a maximum of four to seven key words in the subject line. Make sure your subject lines are short and effective. (Source: Contact Monkey)
- 73% of executives would prefer to work with sales professionals who are referred by someone they know. How is your referral program working? (Source: IDC)
- About 47% of top performers consistently ask for referrals versus 26% of non-top performers. Which group are you in? Also see the question in the above bullet! (Source: Hubspot)
Take the data and use it to improve your sales game.
© 2022 All rights reserved.