We work in a fun industry. It offers many opportunities for excitement, innovation, and fun. Every once in a while, you just need to sit back, relax, and smile. I was doing some client research online and came across (yes, distracted and sidetracked) some terrific one-liners. I read, laughed, and enjoyed. This morning, I would like to share some of those one-liners with you so you can relax, laugh, and enjoy. You deserve it!
All of these are from stand-up comedian Steven Wright. His mind truly sees things differently than most of us!
- Borrow money from pessimists—they don’t expect it back.
- 99% of all lawyers give the rest a bad name.
- 7% of all statistics are made up on the spot!
- A conscience is what hurts when the rest of your body parts feel good.
- A clear conscience is often the sign of a bad memory.
- The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
- How do you tell when you are out of invisible ink?
- If everything seems to be going well, you obviously have overlooked something.
- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now!
- What happens if you get scared to death—twice?
- Experience is something you typically don’t get until after you need it.
- The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
- The sooner you fall behind, the more time you will have to catch up.
- Everyone has a photographic memory—some people just don’t have film!
- If your car could travel at the speed of light, would your headlights work?
I hope I made you smile this morning. Have a great Tuesday and rest of the week.
© 2020 All rights reserved.