Calgary, AB – Canada’s only impartial research study into what Canadians are thinking about sponsorship marketing will be shared in part at the SMCC Western Sponsorship Congress™ in Calgary, October 21 and 22, 2014.
The 2014 Consumer Sponsorship Rankings conducted by Repucom Canada, provides key data used by consultants and corporate sponsorship buyers and sellers to determine how and where to invest critical sponsorship dollars.
Results from the polling of 2,000 Canadians show:
- Visa jumps from 35% to 44% recognition; eclipses Molson as most-mentioned brand
- McDonald’s and Air Canada each increased six percentage points
- RBC recognized as the most supportive bank of events and causes
- Canadian Cancer Society again the most important charity in Canada
- 81% prefer to do business with a company that sponsors their favorite cause while that affinity is only 68% for their favorite sport
- 86% agree companies should be able to sponsor public spaces such as hockey rinks, ball parks and recreational facilities
- 65% of Canadians agree our secondary schools should be seeking corporate sponsorship
- CIBC Run for the Cure was the most recognized sponsorship investment made by CIBC and leading their portfolio by three times the recognition of the second most recognized investment
“After four years of conducting the Consumer Sponsorship Rankings™ we can see the industry leaders and those that need to re-asses their sponsorship strategy. The data speaks for itself and through this proprietary research we continue to provide our clients with statistically backed strategic planning to ensure their high ROI in sponsorship marketing. The content is an amazing tool for success.” Brent Barootes, President and CEO – Partnership Group – Sponsorship Specialists™
“We are excited to have finalized the 2014 Consumer Sponsorship Rankings Report and there are some very interesting insights that will shed a light on the state of the Canadian sponsorship landscape. Repucom Canada is committed to support the industry through its leadership in sponsorship marketing research and is proud to be working with a leading consulting agency such as Partnership Group,” added Yoeri Geerits, Vice President, Repucom Canada.
Brent Barootes – President and CEO | 403.617.9553 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jana Eikeland – Marketing and Communications Coordinator | Email: email@example.com