Wow! Yesterday (September 6, 2021) the Partnership Group – Sponsorship Specialists® turned 20 years old. That is about a third of my life dedicated to this company, our staff, clients, and partners. Heck, that’s a long time!
Typically, I don’t jump up and down or take notice of such milestones. In fact, the last time I wrote about a company milestone, we were entering our 10th year. That TMC can be found here. A lot has changed since then. I began looking back when I decided to write about our 20th birthday, but I also looked forward. Here are some insights and highlights from the past 20 years (trying not to duplicate anything from the TMC 11 years ago) and then some thoughts about the future.
Partnership Group – Sponsorship Specialists® Notables
- We have continuously operated under a single brand name for over 20 years.
- We have had about 25 different team members and advisors over the years.
- Our longest continuously serving team members still with us (other than myself at 20 years) are at 13, 12, and 10 years.
- We have provided services to hundreds of properties helping them to generate more money and better ROI for their partners.
- We have continued to provide customized services to our brand/sponsor clients and this part of our business has doubled in the past 10 years.
- Municipalities were not on our radar 11 years ago, but now account for about 1/3 of our business.
- We have also entered to serve sponsorship agencies—a new sector. We work with start- ups and competitors to help them become more successful.
- Over the last six years, we have introduced and now deliver customized one-on-one training and mentoring programs for industry professionals.
- We own/host the longest continuously running sponsorship marketing conference in Canada – The WSC® – Western Sponsorship Congress®.
- The TMC–Tuesday Morning Commentary has been continuously published every week for over 12 years and the prior product (newsletter) started prior to us back in 1998.
- We are grateful and thankful to all our staff, clients, and partners who have made our success and their success possible.
I also looked at where we’re going and what’s in store for the next 5, 10, or 20 years.
- In the next 6-12 months, you will see more digital training/mentoring content available, both live and accessible at your leisure.
- There will be continued updating of our products and services with expansion in these areas:
- One-on-one mentoring programs
- Enhanced tools and products for our corporate/sponsor clients
- Superior valuation program development and delivery beyond typical “eyeball” valuations
- Updated software for access by our clients to build and value their own inventories or brands to determine market value of assets
- A comprehensive software program for properties with start-to-finish products and services available form prospecting to discovery, valuation to contact reports, proposals to fulfilment
- Expansion into the USA
- A branding update/refresh
- A unique new professional development/networking/“membership style” product for all levels of experience in the sector
- Partnership-based training program modules with certification for industry professionals
I am thrilled to celebrate our 20th birthday, but even more excited to look toward what the future has in store for our clients, staff, and industry. I am also excited to have you along this continued journey with me and our team! Thanks for reading and thanks for helping us make it to 20!
© 2021 All rights reserved.